About A.P. University of Law
From the Academic Year 2010-11 A.P University of Law classes will be conducted in the new leased premises with A.C. facility for all class rooms, computer lab and library.
With growing importance for quality legal education, various national law schools acquired lot of importance. To meet the requirements of students of this State, the Government of Andhra Pradesh decided to establish a new Law University and as per the decision of the Council of Ministers meeting held on 30-06-2008 the Governor of Andhra Pradesh promulgated the Andhra Pradesh University of Law Ordinance, 2008 on 8th July 2008. Subsequently the cabinet on 04-08-2008 approved Andhra Pradesh University of Law Bill, 2008, replacing the Ordinance and this Bill was passed by the State Legislature on 28th August 2008 and became an Act after the same was assented to by the Governor on 23rd September 2008. Thus A.P. University of Law came into existence with Visakhapatnam as Main Campus and two branches at Kadapa and Nizamabad.
The object of A.P. University of Law is to build on the traditional ethos of Andhra Pradesh and create a temple of learning. It aims at imparting quality legal education and organize advanced studies and research in all branches of law. The main objectives are:
- To provide quality multi-disciplinary education in legal studies, keeping in view the demands of the global economy and the needs of the domestic society;
- To evolve and impart comprehensive legal education at all levels to achieve excellence;
- To promote cultural, legal and ethical values with a view to promote and foster the rule of law and objectives enshrined in the Constitution of India;
- To promote legal awareness for achieving Social and Economic Justice for all;
- To promote inter discipline study of law in relation to Management, Technology, International Cooperation and Development.
* B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
* Ph. D.
* LL. D.
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) - Regulations
B.A., LL. B. (Hons.) course is a 10 semester courses and are purely residential on the lines of any national law school in the country. The courses are designed on the base of credit system with seminars, moot courts, placement sessions and practical exposures. The courses are basically intended to sharpen the analytical and interpretation skills rather than informative traditional examination orientation.
The curriculum is primarily designed in accordance with the guidelines of Bar Council of India and UGC's Curriculum Development Council recommendations from time to time.
|1||Admissions will be made from the candidates qualified in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) – 2010 conducted by The National Law Institute University, Bhopal on 9th May, 2010. Candidates qualified in CLAT should apply with their CLAT Rank in the application provided in this website.|
|2||In addition , to be eligible for admission, a candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent recognised by the University, secured 45% marks in the aggregate.|
|3||Age: Candidates should not be above 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2010 (22 years in case of SC / ST / BC Candidates).|
|4||All candidates seeking admission should note that 5 Year Integrated B.A.,LL.B. (Hons.) Course is purely residential.|
II. INTAKE AND RESERVATIONS:
The University admits 60 students in each of the Campuses (i.e. Visakhapatnam Main Campus: 60; Kadapa: 60 and Nizamabad: 60) with reservations as per A.P. Government Rules. Candidates from other states and foreign nationals will also be admitted as per the existing rules.
III. DURATION OF THE COURSE AND SEMESTER SYSTEM
|1||The duration of the course shall be Five academic years i.e. 10 (ten) Semesters.|
|2||Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester will have a minimum of ninety (90) working days.|
|3||The academic calendar shall be announced in advance each year and will ordinarily be during July - December and January - June, with winter placements, winter break and summer vacation.|
|4||Medium of instruction shall be English Only.|
|5||The scheme of the study of the course shall be strictly in conformity with the syllabi and regulations prescribed by the Bar Council of India and A.P. University of Law from time to time.|
IV. FEES DETAILS:
5 Years Integrated B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Course
|Sr. No.||Tuition Fees||Rs. 50,000.00 p.a.
(Tuition fees for Foreign Nationals & NRI’s/ NRI Sponsored Candidates 2,00,000.00 p.a.)
|1||Admission Fee||Rs. 2,000.00 (One Time)|
|2||Infrastructure Development||Rs. 6,000.00 (One Time)|
|3||Student Welfare Fund||Rs. 3,000.00 p.a.|
|4||Examination Fee||Rs. 1,000.00 p.a.|
|5||Academic Activities||Rs. 2,000.00 p.a.|
|6||Facilities Fee||Rs. 8,000.00 p.a.|
|7||Internet Fee||Rs. 5,000.00 p.a.|
|8||Journals Fee||Rs. 2,000.00 p.a.|
|9||Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000.00|
|10||Library Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000.00|
|11||Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500.00|
V. Admission criteria
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary/intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examinations with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years on 1st July, 2011.
- The prospective candidates who are interested to have admission in the Institute of Law, Nirma University(ILNU), required to appear in the Common Admission Test(CLAT 2011), to be conducted by WBNJUS, Kolkata on 15th May 2011. For details, refer www.clat.ac.in . The interested candidates should also fill up the application form of the Institute of Law Nirma University. The last date for submission of filled form of CLAT, 2011 is 2nd April, 2011. The Candidates are also required to fill in the application form of Institute of Law, Nirma University. Candidates who have appeared in CLAT 2011 and also applied in Institute of Law, Nirma University will be considered for admission based on inter se merit of CLAT 2011.
In addition to the above fees, monthly mess charges and room rent will be as applicable.
Ph. D. is offered both as a full time and part time programme. 55% marks at the ML / LL. M. level is compulsary for the candidates seeking admission as full time scholars. A. P. University of Law encourages persons from all quarters like Bar / Bench & other officers / personnel concerned with law or other subjects and law to do research in law. This has been introduced to promote multi-disciplinary legal research.
* Admissions for Academic Year 2009 - 2010 have concluded and will now reopen in 2011
Post Doctoral Programme is intended for those who wish to do advanced legal research in furtherance of their academic excellence. LL. D. is done on a topic on which further in-depth probe is desired and is usually permitted to be pursued only by those who have established their track record and on the basis of the synopsis submitted for scrutiny by the Doctoral Research Committee.
* Admissions for Academic Year 2009 - 2010 have concluded and will now reopen in 2011.
Will be started very shortly.
Admission Notification :
2011-2012 Admissions notification will be issued on April
Palace Layout, Pedawaltair,
Visakhapatnam - 530017,
Phones: 0891 – 2529952 / Fax: 0891 - 3040170