Structure of SET- 2013 for Law Timing: 9.30 am to 12.00 noon
|Sr.No||Section||Number of Questions||
Qualification: The candidate should have passed 12th (10+2) examination from any recognized Board/University with minimum 50% marks (45% for S.C. /S.T. students). Students who have appeared for their H.S.C finals and awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate by the announced date.
Age Limit: Candidate should be less than 20 years of age at the time of appearing for SET as on 07 May 2013. (2 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates i.e. 22 years)
Eligibility for Diploma Programmes: The candidate should have passed 12
th (10+2) examination from any recognized Board/University and pursuing law programme from any recognized institute in Pune. OR A graduate from any recognized University.
Eligibility for Certificate Courses: The candidate should have passed 12th (10+2) examination from any recognized Board/University and pursuing law programme from any recognized institute in Pune. OR A graduate from any recognized University.
After initial assessment through elaborate psychometric tests, assessment and screening process the students get training, orientation and experiential learning through systematic internships in industry, High Courts, Supreme Court and Non-governmental organizations. The student can look forward to a lucrative and rewarding career with various options such as Judiciary, Corporate practice, Litigation,Law teaching, Legal Process Outsourcing, and Administrative services.
The total intake is 200 seats (Inclusive of 150 seats of B.B.A. LL.B. and 50 seats of B.A. LL.B.).
Reservation of seats:
a. Within the sanctioned intake:-
Scheduled Caste: 15%
Scheduled Tribe: 7.5 %
Differently Abled: 3%
Wards of Serving/Retired Defense Personnel: 5%
b. Over & above sanctioned intake:
Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per Programme
International students: 15 % (including foreign nationals, PIO and NRI)
Selection is done in two phases:
1. Candidates will be short listed on the basis of the SET score.
2. The short listed candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal interview
3. Final Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of both the tests
Stage-1: SET Test
• Register online at www.set-test.org
• You may register for one paper in the morning viz. Law or Engineering or Health Sciences and one paper in the afternoon session viz. General or Design. For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate wishes to offer scores other than SET, he/she need not register for SET and apply directly to the concerned institute.
• You need to upload a latest scanned photograph of your own at the time of registration.
• Follow the instructions for payment of Test fee of Rs. 1500/- on the SET website. This includes charges for a prospectus of the Undergraduate Programmes at Symbiosis International University.
• Print “Admit Card” directly from the SET website from 26 April 2013 to May 7 2013.
• Bring the Admit Card and a Photo Identity to the Test Center. It will be authenticated during the Test. (Candidates shall preserve the authenticated Admit Card till the Admission processes of the desired Symbiosis Institutes are over. If the Admit card is lost, no duplicate Admit Card will be issued.)
• Appear for the Test.
Stage-2: Apply online to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
• The SET website ( www.set-test.org ) allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
• Candidates may also apply from the institute/s website.
• To apply to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET.
• Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) or Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) with other than SET-2013 score should refer to the institute websites and apply.
Stage-3: Attend further selection process of the chosen institutes, if called.
• Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
• The institutes will announce a short list for attending further selection process.
• The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short List & Waiting Lists.
• For details of selection process and schedules please refer to the website of respective institute/
• While adequate care is taken in ensuring that there are no mistakes in reading the answer sheet by the scanning machine, there is no provision of revaluation of the answer sheet of any candidate.
• The scores published by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal or revaluation.
• The SET Score card will be available on the website for a period of one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. from May 20, 2013 to June 20, 2013.
• Those candidates paying through cash or DD, should ensure that,
1. Bank Challan for cash payment, OR
2. Demand Draft along with Payment Advice Form for DD payment reaches Symbiosis Test Secretariat by 23rd April 2013.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune – 411042.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be held responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of Courier / Postal Services.
• To complete registration process a candidate is required to register online for SET Test at www.set-test.org and appear for the test. It is also mandatory to complete registration by filling up the on line application form of the desired institute for the desired programme before the closing date of application of the respective institute.
For More Information:Click here
Other Related Link
- SET 2013
- SET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- SET 2013 Exam Pattern
- SET 2013 Dates Out
- SET 2013 Notification
- SET 2013 Important Dates