3 year LL.B / B.L. Course: The Candidates for 3 year LL.B. / B.L. should have passed any Graduate Degree(10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned. 5 Year LL.B./B.L. Course: The Candidates for 5 year LL.B. / B.L. should have passed two year Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P.
Note: There is a relaxation of 5% of marks in the above qualifying examinations for 3 year / 5 year Law course in favour of the Candidates belonging to SC / ST.
- A Candidate appearing for the above qualifying examinations may also take the LAWCET in anticipation of results. In case of such students, their entry shall be subject to their securing eligible marks in the said qualifying examinations.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation / post graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission into the law courses.
- Age on admission: (a) Subject to the conditions stipulated by the Govt. of A.P., on this behalf, the maximum age limit for a candidate seeking admission into the 3 year and 5 year LL.B / B.L Course shall be Thirty Years ( relaxable by five years in case of SCs/STs) and twenty years (relaxable by two years in case of SCs/STs) respectively as on 31st December of the year of seeking admission.
Note 1: Age limits mentioned above are under challenge in Hon’ble High court of A.P and Supreme Court in W.P.No.6691/09, 7610/09 and transfer petition (civil) nos 857-866 of 2009 in Supreme Court. Interim directions are awarded by the court relaxing the age limits. Admissions into the law courses shall be subject to the outcome of the pending cases.
Note 2: Mere appearance in LAWCET 2012 will not give any right of admission. The candidate should satisfy all the eligibility criteria and should satisfy rules governing admission as are applicable.
Note 3: Admission Regulations of Osmania University will be followed in respect of Age criteria for Admission into 3yrs/5yrs L.L.B/B.L Law Courses in the Constituent Law Colleges of Osmania University.
Other Related Link:
- LAWCET 2012 (Law Common Entrance Test), Andhra Pradesh
- LAWCET 2012 Exam Pattern
- LAWCET 2012 Notification
- LAWCET 2012 Admission Notice
- LAWCET 2012 Important Dates
- LAWCET 2012 Application Submission Process
- LAWCET 2012 Eligibility Criteria