The Madhusudan Law College established in the year 1949 and named after the great lawyer, social reformer and a worthy son of the soil Utkal Gaurav Madhusudan Das is the oldest and the premier law teaching institution of the State of Orissa. This glorious Institution which is situated in the historic millennium city of Cuttack is very close to the Cuttack Railway Station and is well connected with the major cities of the country. The primary objective of this Institution is not only to impart legal education but also to create avenues for spread of legal knowledge among citizens and also to create legal awareness among the weak and vulnerable sections of the society. In the course of time this Institution has earned name and fame for itself and it has been the cradle for Judges, Ministers, Legislators, Lawyers of eminence, Executives, Corporate Personnel and social activists of yesterdays and today. A student of this Institution automatically becomes a proud successor of this glorious heritage. Teaching style of this Institution is not a business and each student is treated as a budding legal scientist. All efforts of this Institution let loose to make its students reach the heights of professional excellence.
As the founding teaching department of Utkal University, this Institution is a milestone in the annals of history of legal education not only in the State of Orissa but also at the national and international sphere.
AFFILIATED BY: Utkal University
Madhusudan Law College is imparting teaching in Three Year LL.B. degree course. The Course has been designed taking into consideration recommendations suggested by the Bar Council of India and the University Grants Commission and is at par with all the leading Universities of the Country.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Candidates who have passed the examination for the Degree of B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.O.L., M.B.B.S., B.Ed., B.Sc.(Ag.),B.V.Sc.&A.H.,M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., M.O.L.,B.H.M.S.,or any other examination recognized by Academic Council of Utkal University to be equivalent there to , having secured at least 45% marks of the total marks in such examinations are eligible to apply for admission. However in case of the SC/ST students this is relaxable to 40 %.
The candidate should not be more than 30(thirty) years of age on the date of the last date for the receipt of the application. This age is relaxable up to 35 years for the students belonging to the SC/ST & other backward classes' category.
- Selection will be made strictly on mark basis taking in to consideration the aggregate marks of the qualifying examination.
- All admissions are provisional and the same cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- Merit and good conduct of the applicant are the basis of selection for admission in to this college.
- Suppression of facts or giving incorrect information by the applicant if detected shall render the selection invalid. All selected candidates will be provisionally admitted subject to verification and cross checking of their mark sheets and testimonials from their respective Universities etc. from where they have passed their qualifying examinations or have obtained their testimonials.
- The decision of the principal in matters of selection for admission shall be binding and final.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
- Students seeking admission in to the course are required to apply in the prescribed form available in the office of the Principal during the office hours on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty) only in person or by post on payment of Rs.200/-(Rupees two hundred) only in shape of bank draft drawn in favour of Principal, M.S.Law College, Cuttack.
- Application forms duly filled in should reach the Principal, within 14 days from the date of publication of +3 results of the Utkal University. Applications received after last date or incomplete in any respect would be summarily rejected.
- Applications may be submitted in the college counter or may be sent by registered post. When the applications are sent by post, the college will not be responsible for any loss or delay in transit.
- The candidate is required to submit the Xerox copies of all documents with the application form and put his/her signature and date on such documents. All enclosures should be properly appended to the Application Form. No enclosures will be entertained after the submission of the application form.
- College Library
- Internet Facility
- College Hostel
Madhusudan Law College
College Square, Cuttack – 753003
Phone : 0671- 2648374
Fax : 0671- 2649265.
Website : www.mslawcollege.org